Wednesday, January 5

Adrenaline Junkies: Here You Go!

African Adrenaline is a company offering killer adventure opportunities near gorgeous Victoria Falls, on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. They offer several heart-racing activities, including:
  1. A 111-meter bungi jump from the bridge that spans the gorge.
  2. Helicopter, microlight, and fixed wing flights over the Zambezi River, providing an awesome view of the river (look for crocs hunting!) and the Falls.
  3. And my favorite, the Gorge Swing -- seen on the first season of The Amazing Race -- which "entails throwing youself off the edge of the cliff attached to a body harness and free falling for 50 metres before being swung out into the middle of the gorge. The jump ends with several pendulum swings . . ."

I PAID for this?!? (image courtesy of africanadrenalin.co.za)

It's scary as hell, but I did it repeatedly. I still wear my t-shirt with pride.

>