Wednesday, February 9

Time To Get A New Wallet

Recently, Japan cancelled much of the debt owed it by Zambia.

Today, the UK agreed to cancel 128 million pounds of debt, representing the final 35% of the total debt Zambia owes. (The UK already cancelled the other 65%.) Further, the UK agreed to pay over 10% of the debt service Zambia owes the World Bank.

According to XE.com, 128,000,000 pounds = 1,115,471,730,897 ZK. That's over a trillion Kwacha!

>